If we want to be better priests, deacons, and bishops, we benefit from lives oriented around the same spiritual disciplines that have sustained clergy and laity alike for generations: the sacraments, the office, spiritual direction, and commitment to the wellbeing of sisters and brothers. Members of the Society are expected to live by the Rule:
Members of the Society must
- affirm their fidelity to the Episcopal Church or the Anglican Church of Canada, depending upon their canonical residency, and the canonical leadership of the same;
- affirm their conformity to the doctrine, discipline, and worship of the same said province of the Anglican Communion; and
- pledge to provide mutual support and encouragement among the Church’s clergy.
- center their spiritual life on the Eucharist;
- say the daily office;
- consult regularly a spiritual director;
- make use of the sacrament of reconciliation;
- pray for their sisters and brothers in the Society (particularly through our Cycle of Prayer—if you notice anything that needs correction in the Cycle, please contact the Secretary at secretary@theSCP.org);
- offer confidential pastoral care to fellow members of the Society; and
- attend all meetings of their local Chapter unless prevented by good reason.